New vacancy in our Claims Team!
21st October 2020
Due to continued expansion we now have a full-time vacancy for an experienced Claims Handler to join our claims team at our CLEAR MPW Maidstone office. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and growing insurance broker and we are seeking candidates who are client focused, have a desire to develop a career and contribute to the ongoing success of the Company. We offer a good salary (dependent on experience), as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
7/8 Tolherst Court, Turkey Mill, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5SF.
The Duties of the Role:
- Liaison with clients in claims preparation including advising on cover and interpretation
- Presentation of claims to Insurers
- Build good working relationships with clients, insurers and loss adjusters
- Progressing claims to settlement which will include ensuring files are maintained and reserves updated
- Uninsured loss recovery as necessary
- Preparing claims reports for clients
- Working closely with Account Executives and Account Handlers
- Assist in client retention by providing a prompt, professional and high-quality claims handling service.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years’ experience of claims handling at either an insurance broker or company.
- Extensive liaison with clients and insurers, often in conditions where urgent action is required.
- A good education with strong GCSE grades, A-C and/or A levels, and possess a sound knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Outlook).
- Strong drive, ambition and keen to carve out a career path within a dedicated sector such as insurance.
- Cert CII qualification or be prepared to work towards the qualification.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/integrity – does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organisation and planning – Plans, organises, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments – lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Intelligence – learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new in-formation.
- Analytical skills – able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic – possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High standards – expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills – lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas – often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication – speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Deadline for application is 21st November 2020.
Please apply online via our parent company site (thecleargroup.com):