New vacancy in our Finance Team!
23rd December 2020
We have a full-time vacancy for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our finance team, initially on a 12 month contract, with the opportunity of a permanent position for the right candidate. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-respected and growing insurance broker and we are seeking candidates who are client focused, take pride in their work and wish to contribute to the ongoing success of the Company. We offer a good salary (dependent on experience), as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
The role is based in our Maidstone office with some remote working
7/8 Tolherst Court, Turkey Mill, Ashford Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 5SF.
The Duties of the Role:
Main duties / responsibilities:
- Creating sales ledger invoices.
- Reconciling insurer accounts and arranging payment promptly.
- Run aged debt reports and perform credit control tasks in a timely manner.
- Reconciling the client and office bank accounts and ensuring any issues are flagged and escalated when necessary.
- Creating instalment agreements between clients and third-party finance companies.
- Being pro-active to resolve client & insurer accounts queries.
- Daily cash received posting.
- Use back office system and excel to create ad-hoc reports requested by management.
- Assist with month end process including accrual and prepayment journals.
- Post purchase invoices and direct debits on to the group finance system.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, insurers, & colleagues.
- Check that payment requests meet company authorisation criteria, and process promptly for payment
- Immediately advise your Line Manager of any problems which may fall outside your authority, level of experience or which in any way detract from your ability to achieve your work objectives.
- Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager or the Directors.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience of finance in the financial service sector.
- Extensive liaison with clients and insurers, often in conditions where urgent action is required.
- Insurance industry experience preferred, but not essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Outlook).
- Have strong drive, ambition and keen to carve out a career path within a dedicated sector such as insurance.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Honesty/integrity – does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Organisation and planning – Plans, organises, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments – lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Intelligence – learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new in-formation.
- Analytical skills – able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail – does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity – acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Flexibility/adaptability – adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Work ethic – possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- High standards – expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Listening skills – lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas – often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Communication – speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
- Teamwork – reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Deadline for application is 12th January 2021
Please apply online via our parent company site (thecleargroup.com):